My local library, Seattle Public Library, is having a book sale this weekend. I’m excited about this, it’s my favorite treasure hunt. I’m cobbling together a wish list of books to look out for:
- Any Rachel Aaron/Rachel Bach books
- Ophelia Prophecy by Sharon Lynn Fisher
- This Gun for Hire by Jo Goodman
- The Star King and The Scarlet Empress by Susan Grant
- The Better Angels of our Nature by Steven Pinker
- The Quantum Thief by Hannu Rajamiemi
- Dreamfall and Psion by Joan Vinge
- CL Wilson’s Tairen series
Sometimes these books are library castoffs, sometimes they’re donations. The library doesn’t take donations of romance novels, I guess because then they’d be drowning in a pile taller than the space needle, but it’s still sadness. That said, the library had romance novels at the sale two years ago, so I’m crossing my fingers.
Why buy these books on paper when so much of my library is digital? Sometimes I want a copy to loan out because I like it so much. Sometimes it’s a book unavailable at my library. And sometimes it’ll be a book that takes me more than three weeks to read.
What’s your favorite book to loan out? If you’ve ever bought at a library sale, what were your special finds?